Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 2






As I said before Ben had control over the camera so that kind of explains the pictures. The 2 are of the Mississippi river. I have never really traveled so everything to me was exciting and I would have got so many more pictures, but Ben seemed annoyed that I wanted pictures of "stupid things".

The Nauvoo temple was so pretty. I actually took the picture of that but Ben said we would go back later(that same day) and get a better picture of all of it. That never happened. Our time at Nauvoo was really rushed and we didn't get to do all that we wanted to but it was a really spiritual experience. It makes things so much more "real" for lack of better wording. It was definitely worth going for.

The pictures of the the house was where Joseph Smith started a hotel. We caught up with a tour group in the middle of the tour. We didn't know that we couldn't take pictures so the 3 pictures are from inside of that building. Brooke those are for you! I have so many more pictures of the gravestones (inside joke) if any one is interested I will e-mail you. It really was so neat to get to see some of the historical places from our religion. I am very grateful for the opportunity I had to go and to those who help make it possible. Sorry about the random placement of the pictures. I am still learning and I am slow.

4 comments:

LisaJ said...

So pretty! I wish the whole family could go...and by whole family, I mean me!! :)

YW ROCK said...

Wow!! what a neat experience. I would love to go back there. My parents did 2 years ago and enjoyed it very much. Our goal is to take our kids when the youngest is 10. Just so they can all enjoy it and understand it.
You look so good too!! I haven't seen you in years and you look HOT! Hope you guys had fun there.

Tiffani said...

I was wondering when you were going to post pictures. That is so awesome that you got the chance to go, even if it was a quick trip. You look so skinny in those pictures! That tells me it has been way to long since we have seen each other. Thanks for the great deal info. Keep them coming!

Reeve's said...

thanks for the pictures Mary Jo! Totally appreciate the "certain ones." Glad you had fun, too bad it couldn't have been longer. I totally agree with you on there being such a strong spirit there. It is totally amazing...by the way you do look good...:o)